been playing the Destiny beta a lot. very fun. now to wait until september.
There’s a lot in Adventure Time that is slick as shit.
was this really on tv?
It is most certainly very deeply disturbing that this is what the world has come to.
…do we even have a democracy anymore.
if the greatest indicator of who wins an election is how much money a politician raises . And its been shown that Lobbyists and Corporations who pay off Politicians have more political influence than the opinion of the people. And have political pacs and loopholes which allow Corporations to pay no taxes and donate an untraceable unlimited amount towards political campaigns. If the Lobbyists help write the laws and politicians get to pick the shape of their district.
How much does our vote actually matter, when we might be shoehorned into a district to render our vote irrelevant, electing a politician who doesn’t have the support of the people or our interest in mind, who ran a campaign with money from corporate donors who write the laws to grant themselves greater freedom at the cost of everyone elses…
i would like to live somewhere with baby goats.
We did it guys. Homestuck is so weird, even 4chan doesn’t know how to weird out Homestucks.
Oh good, then Dorohedoro and Berserk tags are safe too! :D
i can imagine if they started posting about Griffith. Saying he’s a Nice Guy and brushing off the Rape. “Casca was asking for it”
1. social justice trolling
2. existing fandom sensitivities
MRA + Griffith
They might be able to strike a nerve somewhere.
though i was expecting a twist. Like her falling into an exposed sewer and that being their original intent.
so unexpectedly nice i cant help but wait for something bad to happen.
"The quality of people willing to serve has been declining rapidly," the U.S. Army Recruiting Command’s commanding general says
Approximately 71% of the 34 million 17-to-24-year-olds in the U.S. would not qualify for military service because of reasons related to health, physical appearance and educational background, according to the Pentagon.
The ineligible typically includes those who are obese, those who lack a high school diploma or a GED, convicted felons, those taking prescription drugs for ADHD and those with certain tattoos and ear gauges, the Wall Street Journal reports, though some requirements can be waived.
Only 1% of young people are both “eligible and inclined to have conversation with” the military about possible service, according to the Defense Department.
1% huh? But let’s have a conversation about this. Society has been guided in this direction and now you have your population of malnutritioned, obese, and uneducated. None of them want anything to do with your war machine, and you’re upset?
99% qualified for peace? thats a nice way to look at it.
tumblr is gonna love tonights Daily Show. cause it was good.
so my biggest questions going into series 3 of orphan black are
- why did it take them so long to conceive another clone and that survived? their genetic structure must be very sensitive and difficult to control or recreate reliably, especially when they are working off of old incomplete data. Probably why there are so many different Sarah clones.
- why are they still trying to make clones of sarah? she might have qualities they were designing for which are difficult to recreate. Also Kira’s ability to heal quickly, adapt (intake and understand information on the fly), and almost sense the clones.
- is it because she is fertile? probably
- why not try with an entirely new subject since they know they can clone these women? might be more difficult to start over when they already have a lot of data on the Sarah clones.
- when are we going to meet the original clone? not sure. but i did find it curious when Marian mentioned knowing Sarah’s mother. Not sure if that meant Miss. S or her birth mother. But her birth mother is dead and never seemed to have much influence.
- is she only slightly older than the rest of the girls (excepting charlotte) or she much older? i think it would be cool to see tatiana play an elderly clone they were born in the 80’s, project Leda was in the 70’s. If she was an Adult back then she’d probably be as old as Ethan.
- does the male clone KNOW he is a clone yet?
the super religious male clone might not know he’s a clone since he didnt seem to know that he might be sterile and would make fertilizing Helena’s eggs impossible.
- how will gracie feel when she finds out? ha, more open minded about clones
- are the males infertile too? the religious scientist did seem to be with holding something when he was pressed on why they had to be his children.
- whats the POINT of the clones,was it just to see if they could or is there some greater conspiracy? amilitary could create super strong, resilient, and expendable armies. Great for taking over the world.
- where have they taken Helena and why? G.i Jane Helena. Maybe the religious scientist was still in contact or had involvement with the military (he did have a male clone). And if she can have children, making more of her or using her to give birth to male clones would be useful for them.
- does anyone know that she may be carrying her clone? only Gracie
- is the code for the genetic sequence embedded into that novel? probably the method/map to understanding how they were put together.
- how long will cosima have to live? hopefully a while, she’s the only one that can make sense of that book.
and thats about all i can think of. would love to hear your theories…
So Paul is a Military guy pretending to be Rachels plaything and a Miss. S informant. Helena left a container of her Eggs (might be all of them) inside Sarah’s house. Helena is pregnant, presumably with Mr.DeadReligious dudes children. Gracie is carrying the same Children and Married to Unsuspecting Male Clone. Military has Helena Duncan is gone, and his codes are unreadable to Diad. Cosima has secret Duncan book.
i can imagine there is going to be a time skip, helena giving birth and the military finding out she her eggs had been removed. Then seeking sarah for them as a short term goal. Cosima understanding Duncans research and needing a new lab to continue her work and keep herself alive, and working with the military. Since it probably isnt safe working for Rachel. But Rachel does still employ the nice Geeky dude and Delphine, which can be used for ransom. Helena is the only one that knows of Gracie’s pregnancy other than her clone husband. Knowledge of them might become a bargaining chip.